New Jew spin outfit

rjc123

Hi guys,

upgrading a little on my jew spin outfit. Looking at a 3000 size reel and a maybe a 4-7kg rod or 6-10kg. Looking at the raider barra spin (6 - 10kg) and the stradic fj 3000 or Daiwa Sol 3000. Can't spend too much having spent over 4k on the new pro angler 12 kayak.... Any thoughts on these or other suggestions would be great! By the way, the reel will be spooled with 15lb braid if that helps...

Tom

Hi guys,

upgrading a little on my jew spin outfit. Looking at a 3000 size reel and a maybe a 4-7kg rod or 6-10kg. Looking at the raider barra spin (6 - 10kg) and the stradic fj 3000 or Daiwa Sol 3000. Can't spend too much having spent over 4k on the new pro angler 12 kayak.... Any thoughts on these or other suggestions would be great! By the way, the reel will be spooled with 15lb braid if that helps...

Tom

whatta bout a the stradic or rarenium ci4? they are pretty light so its good while spinning and for the rod barra spin would be awesome with the ci4

I have a Tierra 3000 loaded with 20lb braid and a new 4 to 7kg Sol rod and its a great set up

Sounds good could i pick up an outfit like that for under $500?

Edited by mack attack 79

I just unfortunately (or fortunately) had to buy a new rod for the trip up to monduran next week after snapping my rod while packing it :thumbdown::ranting2::mad3: but i wont get into that too much. So I decided to buy a Samaki Zing 7ft 12-25lb 2 piece (i quite like my vamp and the Zing has awesome reviews too) Just waiting for it too get here and I will tell you go it goes. rod alone cost $159, so could leave some room for a nicer reel or more lures :thumbup:

I just unfortunately (or fortunately) had to buy a new rod for the trip up to monduran next week after snapping my rod while packing it :thumbdown::ranting2::mad3: but i wont get into that too much. So I decided to buy a Samaki Zing 7ft 12-25lb 2 piece (i quite like my vamp and the Zing has awesome reviews too) Just waiting for it too get here and I will tell you go it goes. rod alone cost $159, so could leave some room for a nicer reel or more lures :thumbup:

You wont be disappointed with the Zing. I have (had the Zecton until it got taxed) and have a zing, both great rods, really responsive and extremely good to cast with.

Mack Attack, the Sol is a very nice reel. I just bought a FREAMS in the 2000 size (obviously a little smaller than what your after) but its a nice reel, the bigger models should be just as good and CHEAP.

theres some major sales going on fishing related stores around my way at the moment, definately a good time to buy.

Hope this helps,

Stan

Daiwa Freams is one of the best reels on the market for bang for your buck - internally it is one of the best reels around the $200 i have ever seen.

Match it up with a nice 5-8kg rod - some nice ones to look at are the Daiwa Spellbinder or the Samaki range

Personally, for under $500, I would be going a Freams 3000 on a 5-8kg Spellbinder

+1 for the Diawa Tierra series, I have a 4000 on a Strudwick 4-8kg 7' "SicStik" with 20lb braid, a true "do anything" combo at a reasonable price.

Another little gem is my Pflueger Supreme XT 9035, smaller, lighter (magnesium body) and higher 6.2:1 ratio with 15lb braid (bought for $89 on special! not bad for a $299 R/R reel!!)

I still can't get excited about a reel body in composite, so anything by Daiwa with a metal body is more my speed, especially when specifically aiming for the beasts out there!

Bad luck on the bust up dude!!

Okay well at the moment I have come up with a few options:

- Daiwa Spellbinder 4-8kg + Shimano Stradic FJ 3000

- Shimano Raider 4-8kg + Daiwa Freams 3000

- Shimano Barra Spin 5-10kg + Daiwa Sol 3000

each of the above combos can be switched ie: spellbinder + sol etc...

Anyone has some suggestions about these options? Thanks for all the help by the way!

Anyone has some suggestions about these options? Thanks for all the help by the way!

Spellbinder and any of those 3000 will do the trick I rekon - the Spellbinder has that good length on it for landbased casting and will also make a good SP snapper rod

Hi mate,

I although I don't have the exact rods you mention, I do have a Spellbinder (ultra light spin) and a Raider (4-7kg spin) and between the 2, I can say that the blank, components (the reel seat and the guides) and the build quality is much better on the Spellbinder. I would buy another Spellbinder anyday over a Raider, and with some of the clearance sales in the Spellbinder range at the moment (as they are being discountinued), you can probably get it cheaper. As for the reels, I have had a Stradic 5000FJ for the last 12mths and love it as it's performed faultlessly for me, but I'm sure either of the Daiwa's are equally capable.

I just picked up two new Jew/snapper spin outfits. shimano sustains matched with samaki zecton rods and let me say they feel amazing. the rods are on sale atm $300 down to $169 definitely work a look

Never used a Samaki before so will certainly have a look if they are running that cheap! Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

ni worries. I'm loving them now never used them till recently. the samaki zing and camo cast are both worth a look as well. if the missus will let me add to my 20+ rods I dare say there will be more samaki's to come. if she doesn't I'm sure I can hide them in the rack lol

mate,

Do yourself a favour, go to a shop with all those rods & reels put them together & feel the weight of them.

Then put a Stradic Ci4 or Rarenium Ci4 on one of the rods & you will see the difference.

if your casting all day the extra weight will take its toll by the end of the day.

cheers

zed

mate,

Do yourself a favour, go to a shop with all those rods & reels put them together & feel the weight of them.

Then put a Stradic Ci4 or Rarenium Ci4 on one of the rods & you will see the difference.

if your casting all day the extra weight will take its toll by the end of the day.

cheers

zed

Yeah will do mate!