Quiet day in MH

griffox

Thought I'd make the most of what looked to be a nice day on the water yesterday.

Launched the tinnie at Tunks Park around 7am and trolled a couple of lures upstream with the rising tide.

No birds or surface action so I poked around for a while.

Sugerloaf Bay looked promising with patches of baitfish showing, so I anchored up and put a couple of baits out whilst flicking a SP around.

Fished either side of the tide, but only undersize pinkies and bream to show for it (quantity, not quality!).

Around midday I moved to the wreck at Quakers Hat Bay, also showing a fair bit of activity on the sounder.

After half an hour (and more small snapper) my heavier rod (6'/10kg with baitrunner) starts peeling line off, you beauty!!

Is it a King? Is it a Jew? No, its Super Salmon!! Aaargh!

Short fight, during which time he managed to tangle up the other baited line (just to make it interesting!), I then landed a mid-range 63cm Oz Salmon.

Ah well, looked promising for a while!!

Weather was perfect, water seemed pretty cloudy (I guess due to the bit of rain the night before) but water temp reached mid 17's by middle of the day, so happy days are on their way again guys!

All it needs now is for the fish to co-operate...

Tight Lines 'Raiders!

Not long till things heat up in MH now! At least you managed a salmon for your troubles. The Jews should be coming on soon as well. This time of year is quality but once Summer arrives its mainly schoolies and plenty of them!

Cheers, Tom