A Bit of Fun at The Nepean

Brooker435

Hi Raiders,

Its been a very long time since I have posted a catch, let alone a report just had nothing much to write about due to a lack of fishing...

anyway a former work colleague of mine has been asking me for the past few weeks to join him for a fish at his local, The Nepean.

Since Friday was my last day working with Matt, I decided I would go even if I did not catch anything in the hope of future fishing sessions with Matt and I am glad I did.

I arrived at Matt's place at 6am and headed down to his local waters.

We were flicking around spinners and he was using some sort of rattler type lure not sure of the name but might have to buy a couple.

After flicking around for an hour and a half and what I thought were a couple of missed hits,

I was starting to think that we were not going to catch anything, then around 8am Matt and I both managed to get a Bass each.

We decided to pull the pin not long after that.

They were not Monsters but I was very happy considering it was the first ever time I have caught a freshwater species in Australia.

After a couple of happy snaps the fish were released to grow bigger and high fives all round, I think I may keep at it and hopefully catch some bigger ones in the future.

The good news is I have a week before I start my New job and I plan on fishing as much as possible so perhaps there might be more reports from me, lets see how I go..

Here are some pic's of this morning's fish.

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-009497400 1348358925_thumb.jpg

My First Bass

post-9366-009733000 1348358956_thumb.jpg

Matts Bass

hay nathan

long time no see its good you got out for a bit of r and r.

even the bass up penrith are small but fun never the less its good to see you on the board

hope the family is well too mate

cheers mick

Hey Mick,

Family is very good thanks, I haven't had any time for a fish for a while, planning on hitting it hard for the week I have off, In fact just got back from the Harbour for a donut but will do it again on Tuesday as tomorrow I have a few chores around the house to attend to, I'm hoping to have something decent to post up soon but the fishing is slow at the moment but by what I hear there are some pretty good flatties around at the moment...

Anyway Mick I hope everything is good on your end also.

Regards,

Nathan