Trout fishing in Poland

tricks

Hi guys

Just a quick report from a recent trip.

Went back to poland to see the family for the last month. was living at my grandmothers village on the farm so fishing was out of the picture (at least i thought so) spoke to some locals and managed to find

a place to have a fish for some trout. Im a salty fisho, so having a crack at some fresh water fish in another country got me excited. not knowing much about trout myself the locals gave me some advice on where to go and bait to use and techniques to catch them. so i was off with high hopes to catch my first trout.

soon as i got down to the river i could see some good sized trout swimming around. water was so clear.

things went a bit slow to start as the fish seemed to spook easily, but after a few cast i managed to pull one in. awesome i couldnt get the smile off my face. my first freshwater fish. she came home for family tea.

managed another two smaller sized ones that i let go. great little arvo of fishing. cant wait to go back next year with my own gear and more time to spend fishing

can anyone tell me what species it is?? im thinking rainbow but unsure

post-3161-016829500 1348405630_thumb.jpg

Love reading about fishing in other countries. Sure looks like a Rainbow and I wouldn't be surprised if they are stocked. The native Trout are primarily Browns I believe, or maybe the Marble Trout?

Great effort, not many folk here can say they got Trout in Poland :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy