Out On The Pig

Captain Pugwash

Just had to get out today,

after a month without the Pig. Quick trip due to family committments saw us head to the Wreck. Very bloody windy which made anchoring correctly very difficult. Eventually got close and berleyed up. Sad to say the slimies seem to have vanished during our month off the water. Picked up numerous little red's and a big yakka and decided to head elsewhere out of the wind.

Over to Reef Beach we head. Few pickers and then got busted off by something sizeable. Wind up to find a badly tied hook the culprit! :ranting2::ranting2:

Caught a few more squire and a nice little flounder then time was against so we came back in.

Not a great day fishing wise but it was wonderful to be back on the water. The Pig is running beautifully after it's birthday and we'll be out there again tomorrow, rain, hail or shine. :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Cheers all

Pete

Guest Jocool

I'm kinda half glad I don't have my boat! :074:

Hey Pete, what did you have done to the Pig, and did you get a sounder fitted?

I'm kinda half glad I don't have my boat! :074:

Hey Pete, what did you have done to the Pig, and did you get a sounder fitted?

58205[/snapback]

yes, it was fairly quiet out there. But we were only there a short while.

Spoke to my mate with charter boat and he says the bottom fishing has gone dead quiet. There are still a few Dories around but not in the same numbers as earlier. Great news for the social though, the salmon are about!

Joe,

it was an annual checkup but included 4 new props ( $2000 ) plus the legs were not parallel (steering problem) plus trim on one leg was u/s and other bits and pieces that needed doing.

Eventually ordered the Lowrance 107 sounder. Went for the "thru the hull" type and sure enough it doesn't work! :ranting2: Pretty sure it's because it's mounted incorrectly. I'd say there is a cavity in the fibreglass where it is mounted therefore it won't read anything. I'll have to get someone that knows what they are doing to have a look at it. I stupidly had the old hummingbird removed so I am currently driving around without a sounder! It will get sorted eventually.

Good news is she is going like a bird now. It was really down on speed but is fantastice now.

Cheers

Pete

Guest bluecod

Ahhhh! Cap'n its good to have a boat's deck beneath your feet again.

Good to hear you've got her back Pete. :thumbup: