Jewfish firing in the harbour

johnopaparoulas

Hey raiders,

I've been hitting the syd harbour waterways fishing for jewfish, a few night sessions but mostly morning sessions, the jewfish have been hitting. In three trip landing 6, not fantastic but they have been more consistent. Biggest measuring 83cm. Last night did a night session and managed two one 60 and the other 72cm. Use livies, squid and fillets, with the two been caught on fresh squid. Got absolutely smoked by a big Jew on the livie.

So if u get the chance head out cause its starting to pick up slowly.

Between the Harbour and Ryde Bridge area, in a deep whole with the run in tide, cover all basis of bait of live yakas, filleted yakkas and fresh squid and you'll definately get one,

Don't be scared so throw out a big slab of yakka cause all my big jews were caught on that exact bait

Any tips on a location? I was thinking of breakfast point.

I never burley for my jewfish, but i do throw the head of the squid in and the flaps when not ussed whole.

I find hard burleying brings smalller fish around messing around and ruining with well presented baits

HI Mate,

Any picks? Give us a look at these lovely little Jewells!

Butch

I never burley for my jewfish, but i do throw the head of the squid in and the flaps when not ussed whole.

I find hard burleying brings smalller fish around messing around and ruining with well presented baits

Why would you throw the heads away? Squid heads has to be one of the best Jew baits around.