Botany Bay 05/10/12

dwan8337

Bust ups everywhere just outside of Botany south head. Chase them around until the wind picked up and they went deep. Found a sheltered spot further south and burleyed up some good sized trevally. I suspect there's a few rogue Kings mixed in with them as my favourite lure from japan got smoked and reefed on my first cast :wacko: cut open stomach found what they were feeding on. Are those baby pilchards? or white bait. By the way how freaking cute is that little squid! Also, if you struggle finding the kings...a well bled trevally sashimi tastes pretty similar i reckon!

Weapon of choice -

Reel: Stella 4000S

Line: 8lb Sunline

Leader: 10lb Sunline

Rod: Lox 7ft2 snapper

Lure: Gillies white bait 10 grams (you'll find it in bcf)

Cheat item: Linedancer :1prop:

post-17226-048355000 1349515213_thumb.jpg

post-17226-053646600 1349515356_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwan8337

Nice catch!

Aussie salmon are great fun to catch on light gear but taste like sh1t! How are you going to prepare them ?

I agree, that's why i palm them off to my best mates =p

By the way cheers for the live bait tank ideas finally finished it off. The Tank from sant marine was like made for the poly.

First time I've heard of Linedancer. Would it be pretty easy to make one yourself out of some wire?

hmm never tried. you can do it manually but putting your finger halfway to the first guide and reel your line through your finger. It's an american innovation that triggers bass bites. Works like magic because ever wind it jerks the lure without you moving your arm. You only need to reel

What time did you find the schools? I was out tfriday too from 6am couldnt find any bust ups.. Ended up trolling and hooked up 2 stripies..

To be honest i'm not so sure i think around 7am. I launched at 5am tried squid grounds for a good hour drove out to south head, was berleying up some trev when the school just came through. Pulled anchor and just followed it till the wind picked up. Did you see a yellow poly around? there was a half cabin following it around as well further out.