Botany now

nautica

Just I quick report . Fishing under captain cooks bridge and landed to small Jews 60 and 65 on plastics. Had heaps of hits they are really aggressive at the moment but had not touched the live squid for some reason.

Just I quick report . Fishing under captain cooks bridge and landed to small Jews 60 and 65 on plastics. Had heaps of hits they are really aggressive at the moment but had not touched the live squid for some reason.

Was it in daylight or after dark/ before sunrise? Looks like it was in the middle of the night going by your title.

Edited by billfisher

Good to hear about the jews ill be catching my first one on saturday night (fingers crossed). Also i saw marine rescue give a guy a tow last season back to foreshore boat ramp then he proceeded to write him a ticket, does anyone have an idea what the cost would have been ?

Good to hear about the jews ill be catching my first one on saturday night (fingers crossed). Also i saw marine rescue give a guy a tow last season back to foreshore boat ramp then he proceeded to write him a ticket, does anyone have an idea what the cost would have been ?

When they dropped me off at the boat ramp they checked all my gear and licences.Not bad guys i think i was a little pissed off i had to wait 6 hours for them and was not more than happy to unpack all my gear for the safety check but if it was not for them i would have been stuck. I had 3 boats come over who i asked for a tow but got the same response from everyone. I would but Oatly is just to far.

post-13506-005373200 1349910037_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautica

The fun part

Hi Nautica,

You were assisted by the Water Police, not Marine Rescue. As a member of the Botany Bay Flotilla of marine Rescue I can assure you that the boat in the picture is not ours, but belongs to the Sans Souci Water Police. Marine Rescue do not perform safety checks but the Water Police do. Marine Rescue do not issue fines that is left to Maritime and the Water Police.

With regard safety checks the Water Police have been hitting Botany Bay hard of late, and good on them; so many boats go out without the correct gear.

What role does marine Rescue perform - basically we are the NRMA of the water. We assist boaties in distress and attempt to educate boaties so that every boatie comes home safe and sound.

Kindest regards

Brudus