Patonga flatties and a stonker whiting

mattyv86

Gday guys hit the creek yesterday with my brother chasing up some flathead after cleaning up on blackfish the last few trip. Anyway headed up stream and drifted all day managed 6 keeper flatties all round 40-50cms and I thought i was onto another untill i saw a massive whiting surface next 2 the boat, at this stage it had done nothing but that all changed when it saw the boat then it screamed off straight into the snags and didnt my stomach drop ! anyway after a few long screams of the reel it submerged and my brother landed it in the net and we all no that feeling of relief. Threw it on the brag mat and it went 42cms. Very pleased with the catch. I have caught many whiting before but never around this size, is this very big for a Sydney whiting ? I am awaiting the pic in the email from my brother so i can upload the photo.

Gday guys hit the creek yesterday with my brother chasing up some flathead after cleaning up on blackfish the last few trip. Anyway headed up stream and drifted all day managed 6 keeper flatties all round 40-50cms and I thought i was onto another untill i saw a massive whiting surface next 2 the boat, at this stage it had done nothing but that all changed when it saw the boat then it screamed off straight into the snags and didnt my stomach drop ! anyway after a few long screams of the reel it submerged and my brother landed it in the net and we all no that feeling of relief. Threw it on the brag mat and it went 42cms. Very pleased with the catch. I have caught many whiting before but never around this size, is this very big for a Sydney whiting ? I am awaiting the pic in the email from my brother so i can upload the photo.

good session and a top feed to come, 42cm is a cracking whiting and ive seen them to 48cm myself so wouldnt be surprised if they go over 50cm :1yikes:

well done mate.