NORTHERN BEACHES PANNIES

craigbutcher

HI Raiders,

Fished around the 20metre mark offshore around the northern beaches this morning at 4am.

Set the beley trail for the snapper before first light, and jigged for some pre-dawn squid for bait.

Hooked and dropped a good squid which was a bummer, however, we continued to berley & fish with WA pillchards.

Landed a 52cm pannie, however, none of the big snapper we have been seeing over Winter. Oh well, got a feed and that was enough to keep us happy.

Out there in the morning again tomorrow before work to target snapper from another zone, hopefully they play the game.

Butch

post-11981-098402500 1350275295_thumb.jpg

post-11981-005873400 1350275454_thumb.jpg

Yup,it would have to be a really big pan.I also had one of the old guys down the tackle shop tell me at the start of winter that he was waiting for the wattles to start flowering because that's when the snapper came on.The wattle in my front yard started flowering last week.I think it's time to head out for a snapper fish.

Yup,it would have to be a really big pan.I also had one of the old guys down the tackle shop tell me at the start of winter that he was waiting for the wattles to start flowering because that's when the snapper came on.The wattle in my front yard started flowering last week.I think it's time to head out for a snapper fish.

Haha, what a classic, old wives tales! Love em!

To be honest, I get my biggest reds in the coldest months of the year, JULY, AUG - in close from as shallow as 15m.

It seems that as the water warms, the Big REDS move into deeper water and take more berley to coax up!

Just my observation though, not gospil.

Butch