Sydney Harbrrrrrrrrrrrr 16th

REKLESS

Gidday all,

On saturdayI gave in to temptation and ended up putting in at little manly with my brother Dan.The plan was to fish for JD near quarantine on the tide change and then maybe go and do a bit of wash fishing and then hassle some salmon if they were some where around.

We had a late start and as we were heading down in the car at manly, I saw Pete in the Black pig off quarantine swinging in the wind off quarantine .We put in and were looking at 15knots of sub zero SW wind ...yuk.

Doing the rounds around the bouys to find some cunje (for wash fishing with) we drew a nil,everyone must have cleaned them up I guess,went and said hello to the black pig and "Doll Face",they had moved to reef beach by that time and did not have any promising reports to mention.

We had a crack at a spot near quarantine and after picking up a bit of bait on the sounder picked up a lonely cowanyoung .There was other fish there on the sounder ,they appeared to be slimeys but were not feeding.(I was hoping to load up on bait).

The water was only 15 c so we went out to the front of north head to see what we could see,there was a solid 2.5m swell coming in and it made for a bumpy ride out the front.I tried anchoring in close but ran into problems with the wind.

the plan was to fish in close enough to be able to lob a bait in at the washes and yet fish in 80ft of water.The wind was curling around the headland and ended up blowing us into the rocks and when one particularly large set came in , we only had the backwash keeping us away from the rocks :tease: sanity prevailed and we went out a bit wider and caught nothing but assorted reef fish.

I know better then this and will do it properly next time.(sorry dan)

There was no sign of salmon around with the only action being us idiots trying to drown ourselves.There was quite a few dedicated "salmon " boats out looking but were all doing the same thing,just looking.

Pulled the pin at 300 and have decided to give the harbours a miss untill I know the water temperature is up .....long reef here we come.

simon.

Gee Simon, i reckon you guys are lucky to be home and not on the missing or injured list. I have fished that general area for 30 years and i have seen several boats come to grief under the same circumstances. Stay safe mate and watch out for your brother.

All the best

Harold