Jewies land base?

mr.e.p.d

Hey guys anyone offer a good spot land base for jewies thinking of a late night fish to catch this elusive fish. Sydney region tried heaps in SP's with no luck . Don't think I'm getting the deeper water ? Any info would be great. PM me if u don't want everyone to see the general area

Roseville Bridge sounds like what your looking for. Located in upper middle harbour, has a fair few jews. They aren't caught easily but through persistence and good technique can be caught. Caught a nice 9kg fish there a few months ago. I like to flick SP's around and have a live mullet/tailor or a fillet of one out on the other rod. The still water on the tide changes is your best shot but fishing at night means the tide is slightly less important than day. You can also fish HB's here if thats what you want. Concentrate around the lit up areas near the pylons. If the jews are slow bream and flatties can be caught here as well.

Once summer comes, fish a dusk tide change near the overhead pipe (you'll know where this is once you see it) using the same techniques and it should pay off eventually. 'The Steps' in sugarloaf bay is also a top spot. You get kings and good bream here.

Give these spots a go and hopefully you find that jew your looking for!

Cheers, Tom :biggrin2:

I am by no means an expert, having only caught a few. My BEST ADVICE is to keep persisting. The way i look at it is, you need to have the right bait/lure in the right place at the right time. Moral of the story is put hours in and you'll get the rewards!

Keep at it!

Cheers, Tom

Hey Tom how are ya? I'm also going for some Jewies tomorrow night and I've tried so many times to get mullet but those bastards aren't taking my hook.. I use a bait hook the long shank and I burley with bread and also use bread on the hook is there a different method I should try.

Cheers

Su =]

Hey Tom how are ya? I'm also going for some Jewies tomorrow night and I've tried so many times to get mullet but those bastards aren't taking my hook.. I use a bait hook the long shank and I burley with bread and also use bread on the hook is there a different method I should try.

Cheers

Su =]

The only way i can get them is either fishing a standard small float rig or unweighted bits of bread. The unweighted option only works when wind is minimal. The beach on the roseville side of the bridge has plenty of mullet and can be caught with the previous techniques. One of those clear traps are also an option

Cheers

Su =]

Tailor will also work mate

What's the access like? Don't the gates close at 6 . I'm from narellan so just trying to be prepared as I can? Thanks

the gates do close mate but thats for the reserve after you drive past the bridge, your still allowed to park outside the gates and fish under the bridge there. shouldnt affect you in away aslong as you buy a ticket, i think a full day is $7

Edited by Spoooled

I have had great success with mullet lately using my jig for yakkas. I take the sinker off the bottom and attach a small bubble float. I bait up all the hooks with bread. Then burley with a small amount of bread and cast past the burley and slowly retrieve back through it. By retrieving it keeps all the hooks close to the surface. At least gives you 6 shots at them per cast.