BLACKFISH ROD

jkm1667

HI ALL

LOOKING TO PURCHASE A DECENT ROD FOR BLACKFISHING,CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A COUPLE OF CHOICES AROUND $100 --$150

REGARDS JOHN

I use a wilson live fibre about 10'6" very light and is a dedicated blackfish rod.I use it from the banks and boat,you might get one for $150 if you

shop around, think I paid about $160 three years ago. your biggest decision is weather to use a centre pin reel or a spinning reel.

Cheers Steve

I use a wilson live fibre about 10'6" very light and is a dedicated blackfish rod.I use it from the banks and boat,you might get one for $150 if you

shop around, think I paid about $160 three years ago. your biggest decision is weather to use a centre pin reel or a spinning reel.

Cheers Steve

THX STEVE

ILL BE USING ALVEY SIDE CAST

Hi Mcgoo, if I can throw my two bobs worth in, a centre pin is (in my opinion) the best for blackfish. The Alvey, whilst a great reel doesn't have the feel and smooth line feed and control that is important. I have an Avon Royal (made in the UK) for 40 years and is still the smoothest and best reel for blackfish. With the Alvey, line-twist will likely be an issue as you most likely wouldn't have a swivel between you and the float. Please dont use a threadline though.