something different

Bawley

Up for the early in the hope of getting a bag of lizards...current down below made things a tad difficult to hold bottom though... I got a croakie and a few nice lizards but very quiet going.... I scored a banjo shark... does anyone know if they are any good to eat// or if in fact they are protected....

tight lines to all.....

post-6358-019334000 1351758289_thumb.jpg

Don't know about Banjo's but after seeing your photo I want to know if Gurnards are good eating or not?

I caught a decent sized one in Middle Harbour last week and threw him back, not knowing any different.

Looks like a Flathead on psychedelic drugs!! Couldn't be too bad!!

Anyone had them on a plate?

Yes, gurnards are very good to eat.

and not to be confused with the Sargent Baker, first time we ever caught one of those in the Bay, we tossed it back thinking it would be similar to the "mother-in-law" fish, but after the trip and searching the net to ID the first, we learnt that gurnards are indeed a good table fish.

Guest hawkesbass

Magic looking fish the gurnard too the best of my knowledge banjos and rays are not protected as for eating dont know anyone who has eaten them

Up for the early in the hope of getting a bag of lizards...current down below made things a tad difficult to hold bottom though... I got a croakie and a few nice lizards but very quiet going.... I scored a banjo shark... does anyone know if they are any good to eat// or if in fact they are protected....

tight lines to all.....

Banjo's are good eating also but the tail part only lots of meat in there and no bones just cartilage (backbone)