Reel Repairs

Guest MarkD

Guest MarkD

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a tackle shop which will carry out basic repairs on out of warranty reels?

Thanks

Mark

Guest MarkD

Thanks lad's. The reel in question is an okuma which i bought 2 years ago, I found the original warranty card and its covered for 5 years, called the crowd at freetime (agents for Okuma I presume) and they said to drop it in the post and they'd repair and return FOC. For me its easier to do that than drive to North Rocks.

Funny, when I called I was half expecting a bit of a battle as I no longer have the receipt. The guy I spoke with could not have been more helpful, here's hoping the leadtime on the repair and return lives up to the customer service on the phone!

A good outcome Mark.

I had to push Okuma to get my reel fixed but they came good in the end.

After that I prefer to do what you did Mark and deal direct with the manufacturer when it comes to warranty. Don't get me wrong as Vic at Anglers world was bloody fantastic (especially since I didn't even buy the reel there) BUT having someone in the middle can be an extra obstacle if the manufacturer baulks at their warranty obligations. You can't go nuts at the tackle shop (they are trying to help you) and I actually feel guilty stating my case to an intermediary and causing all this toing and froing especially when I'm not sure if the tackle shop even makes a quid out of warranty work. I rate myself as being fairly pursuasive and like to be able to state my case without detail getting lost in the translation.