Stanwell park beach fishing

alcarr

Heu guys!

Anyone been to stanwell park beach in the last few weeks? Is it picking up yet? I went about a month ago almost every weekend but no bites. More likely the water was too cold. Anywho any reports would be great.

Cheers!

Heu guys!

Anyone been to stanwell park beach in the last few weeks? Is it picking up yet? I went about a month ago almost every weekend but no bites. More likely the water was too cold. Anywho any reports would be great.

Cheers!

Mate

have been boat based around the Hump but can confirm that the temp has risen to approx. 18c over the last couple of weeks so it should be on the improve.

Duckegg

Heu guys!

Cheers!

Thinking of heading there this evening and doing an all nite session with my son and a mate. If you see me camping on the beach come and say hi. Wish us luck. Will let ya all know how it went.

Thinking of heading there this evening and doing an all nite session with my son and a mate. If you see me camping on the beach come and say hi. Wish us luck. Will let ya all know how it went.

Will do,

Ill be down the south side

Lets hope for some jews and gummies!!

• 1 month later...

mate...u can use 2 rigs...whole pilchard on float with a 2x 3/0 suicide hook on 2m/3m 30lb trace...or a squid skirt on float with 1x 3/0 suicide hook on 2m/3m 30lb/40lb trace depending on the length of your rod...the longer.. the better...you spin with the skirt...

For bonnies, try a black magic 1/0 bait jig with a lump of lead on it, chuck it out as far as you can then crank back in flat out. Absolutely deadly. Annoying as he'll when your trying to catch bait. I've caught full strings (6 of em) plenty of times up port Stephens way. You get a few rip the hooks off, but the 1/0 rig handles most bonnies.

Went to Stanwell last night, day after new moon, high tide at 10:30ish PM.

Got there very late, about 11:00pm .. still good to be near the water, was hoping for a jew off the beach though I am new to beach fishing so still learning how to cast my new 10' rod.

After about an hour of nothing I handed my mate a little bream setup and got him casting in close for a bream or something little, He cast out started to walk back up to the rod holders and yelled out to me 'Somethings wrong with this rod.... I cast out and the line hasnt stopped yet' (he was on to a monster) .. I took the rod, felt the weight of this thing tearing off line zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz handed it back to him and said 'its a fish! Fight it!' but it was all over, wound in a straightened hook that 2 weeks ago landed a 1.6 kilo salmon ... Im calling jewfish, big salmon or shark?

There were some other guys fishing more to the right of us in line with the light from the surf xlub who caught a 1.2m wobbygong and we packed up and left at 4:00am.

Good night to be out but no catch.

We were using old pilchards, bloodworm SPs, 5" jerk shads and stinky prawns

Ive only ever caught tailor and salmon at stanwell. Seen a few rays come out. If the hook was bent straight I'd say it was a big stingray. Ive caught a fair share of fish and the only time a hook has ever been straightened was by a ray. Also had a port jackson bite one shut! Size 5/0 gamakatsu hooks.