magic night

sydangler

After a long weekend od trying to find a flatmate I finally got a chance to fish Sunday night Decided I would try out a point in middle harbour I've been looking at on Google earth. Packed a small bag of plastics and my new samaki/sustain 10lb combo. Got down there about 7:30 and started flicking a 4 inch jigging grub on a 1/4 once head. Few casts and I start getting some bumps called them for big bream and the 10 minutes in wack and I'm on solid little fight on 10lb and sortly a 45cm Jew surfaces. What happened next was the most amazing fishing I've ever had. Next 2 cast landed Jews the same size then shortly after got a62cm on at my feet and then 4 more between 40-55cm.as quickly as they came they left. I still have a smile from ear to ear. All fish were returned.

Last night headed down with 2 mates and more gear. My mate landed a 68cm and a small bull shark. And my other mate got smoked on the plastics by Wat could have been a big Jew.

Very happy with the result. Just the night before I posted in the adopt a learner section to get a Jew on plastics. Looks like I was doing it right just had to persist some more.

Was funny after pulling the shark up on the rocks I was holding it and my mate decided to bite the leader off and the shark kicked and nearly got hold of his ear. Not the smartest move on his part. He was only fishing 14lb leader to so I'm suprised he landed it

Great work mate!

Jews are a tricky fish to land on bait, let alone plastics.

I also had a crack around the 7pm tide change in upper upper MH. No Jews, just a decent 60cm flattie.

Seems you stumbled upon an incredible bite though!

Well done and hopefully you get many more!

Cheers, Tom