Downrigger mount

Kingfish87su

G'day guys I have finally received my Scotty downrigger mount and in the installation Manual it says to add a wooden plate under the gunnel to distribute the weight.

Just wondering if anyone has added the wood under the gunnel and how thick should the wood be?

Cheers

Su

G'day guys I have finally received my Scotty downrigger mount and in the installation Manual it says to add a wooden plate under the gunnel to distribute the weight.

Just wondering if anyone has added the wood under the gunnel and how thick should the wood be?

Cheers

Su

Hi Su,

A while ago I fitted one to a Bertram 25 and I used a piece of marine ply about 8mm thick and then a piece of marine grade aluminium sheet and secured everything through the two sheets. Probably overkill but it worked great--never moved!

cheers

Hi Su,

A while ago I fitted one to a Bertram 25 and I used a piece of marine ply about 8mm thick and then a piece of marine grade aluminium sheet and secured everything through the two sheets. Probably overkill but it worked great--never moved!

cheers

thanks a lot bookwa I went and got some marine grade plywood and sealed it with lacquer gonna install it on Monday for next weekend can't wait!!

a better option is 10mm plastic or nylon a cheap cutting board and cut that up or come down to my factory and i'll cut one for you for free as i have a full sheet cheers gary

Thanks Gary I wish I had looked back earlier :/ I already went and bought the plywood but thanks anywayz appreciate it mate

Cheers

Su