yammie throttle cable

lambo

Gday raiders.

The throttle control on my 40 hp Yammie is quite stiff, and needs replacing. From what I can see, there is a back plate with a couple of Phillips Head Screws holding the Plate (the lower one) to the main control throttle body.

Has anyone done this replacement ? If so, are there any tricks ? I'd hate to take it off and have a million small parts spring out...

Appreciate any help/advice

Cheers

Guest Aussie007

follow the cables into the control box it should be the lower half just remove the cover nothing will spring out lol than replace the cables needed some of the control box screws can be hard to unscrew use a impact driver

follow the cables into the control box it should be the lower half just remove the cover nothing will spring out lol than replace the cables needed some of the control box screws can be hard to unscrew use a impact driver

thanks mate, i'll give it a go

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I Had a similar thing on my 140 suzuki fourstroke where it was hard to get the controls to move and was going to replace the cable.It turned out to be salt build up.

Where the cable meets the motor we sprayed it with inox and exercised it in and out to free it up then greased it up and now it is like new and it was also cheaper.

Hope this helps.