Narrabeen tonight

reubs

Hey Guys and Girls,

Im going to be heading out to narrabeen tonight with a couple of first time fisherladies and I'm hoping that we'll be able to get some decent whiting or at least something to take home to make fish cakes but just wondering if anyone has been catching much off the beach at narrabeen lately? I havnt been down there off the beach for a couple of months and its significantly warmer now thankfully! I was thinking that perhaps the rockwall under the ocean st bridge might be a good place to put some SP's in and see what bites? I got my hands on some squidgy pro worms and some zman GRUBZ so im keen to get them out ... has anyone tried plastics in the surf?

Reubs

The grubz are the go in the lake at the moment. They'll get you loads of flatties, bream, whiting and tailor.

The rockwall near the ocean street bridge is worth a look. Mainly the flatties (40-50cm average) with the odd bream and tailor thrown in.

The back of the lake is the go at the moment but better during the day not at night.

The beach has some tailor, bream and whiting according to a friend of mine. He got a nice bag of fish in the gutters a couple of hundred meters to the right of the lake entrance.

Might be a little late but good luck!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks for that Tom, I hadn't heard from anyone so I ended up just off the park near the spit bridge caught 1 pike and a friend was feeling sick so we headed home not long after. Ill have to head to narrabeen soon though I do enjoy it there :)...p.s when fishing the Rockwall do you cast into the channel towards the ocean and work it back or bring it across the flats? I caught some poddies on bread last I was there but no dice on much else...still waiting for my first flattie haha