Botany Bay action!

kingfishaholic

Hey Guys! :D The bays been buzzing with activity, hundreds of water vessels zooming across! But a lack of reports???What's been happening on the fishing scene in the bay?Any surface activity? Bonnie's and Salamon back? Will trolling produce!We've been out near the cooks and got into a few trevs and bream but hoping for a proper trip out Thanx guys! :)

Edited by kingfishaholic

Guest Aussie007

i was out there a few weeks ago picked up some small flatties and a nice tailor over an hours fishing if u fail to find fish have a drive around and look for tidal swirls on the top of the water its hard to spot on windy days but it goes for anywhere than drift right thru the tidal swirls and you'll be surprised the amount of flatties that will be on the bottom eating what gets swept up in the swirls ive only just started to really target flatties this year as a goal species and these spots can be very productive also use chicken breast and dont be scared to use a big sharp hook flatties have big mouths small hooks wont always set

tight lines mate :biggrin2:

1353905846[/url]' post='461963']

i was out there a few weeks ago picked up some small flatties and a nice tailor over an hours fishing if u fail to find fish have a drive around and look for tidal swirls on the top of the water its hard to spot on windy days but it goes for anywhere than drift right thru the tidal swirls and you'll be surprised the amount of flatties that will be on the bottom eating what gets swept up in the swirls ive only just started to really target flatties this year as a goal species and these spots can be very productive also use chicken breast and dont be scared to use a big sharp hook flatties have big mouths small hooks wont always set

tight lines mate :biggrin2:

Thanx for that mate! Sounds good :) Personally I prefer chasing Pelagius I.e. Bonnie's Kingies Salmon etc but Flatties are always a great consolidation prize!