Turon trout

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Had a early start at 1am too meet at royces house at 2 30am to head up to the turon river too chase some trout.The drive up was uneventfull arriving at sofala just on daybreak after consulting the map we planned our attack for the day and found a location too park on the side of the road with river access so once ready we set off walking the bank and fishing likely looking deeper sections off the river which was hard as the water level was down from normal levels after walking the bank for about four klms we spooked a trout while approaching the deepest pool we found so decided to hit this pool i was using spin gear with royce using the fly gear i had a couple of hits using a wax wing hard body with one three second hookup and that was it for me whereas royce had more luck on the fly gear from the other bank where their was a hatch happening and fish rising too feed on the surface.After many fly changes royce got a good take and within ten seconds this fish busted his leader off after rerigging and many casts later royce is on again with a spirited fight ensuing for five minutes with royce landing a very nice rainbow trout too 44cms after taking some photos the trout was released too live another day.We stuck at for another half hour after this decided too leave and walk out and kept looking for more trout but the water level was just too low all in all a top day out in magic weather and terrain

yveterad.jpg

vera6ure.jpg

ybe2u7av.jpg

2ebeva9y.jpg

be9yba6a.jpg

equ6e4ep.jpg

4udeheba.jpg

Thanks for the day out royce

Cheers trevor

Trevor,

another awesome trip thanks for the ride and the general good banter! Love that you broke your trout duck on the rivers and not on fly or lure but bread fishing for carp! That was the fish of the trip shame no pics though!

Well until our next adventure over the hill its back to the blackfish!

Luc i should be back up ypur way in 2 weeks I'll give you a yell then!

Guest hawkesbass

Yeah i know no photos would of went close too beating the rainbow trout on bait record but better too release the bow then distress it more than needed.if i had photos would of continued the report onto sunday

Yeah i know no photos would of went close too beating the rainbow trout on bait record but better too release the bow then distress it more than needed.if i had photos would of continued the report onto sunday

Nice work breaking the trout drought Trev!!! I think it is a pretty good effort to be honest, I didn't even know they would go for a lump of bread. I am happy for ya that you got to feel one on your rod. It doesn't really matter how you entice it as long as you do. Besides.. YOU CAUGHT THE TROUT!!!!

That would be great Royce. The weather is heating up too so it may be good times for a bit of wet wading... My speciality (since I don't have waders hehehe).

P.S

The missus got me a new phone (same number) for my birthday so I don't have to talk on loudspeaker anymore. Give me a yell anytime.