Beach north of North Narrabeen rock pool?

Paul

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if anyone has fished the small beach north of the rock pool and caught anything? Not sure what it's called as it isn't named on Google Maps. Was there last night and decided to give it a flick for about 30 minutes before the wind and rain picked up.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if anyone has fished the small beach north of the rock pool and caught anything? Not sure what it's called as it isn't named on Google Maps. Was there last night and decided to give it a flick for about 30 minutes before the wind and rain picked up.

Cheers

Paul

Hey mate the beach is called Turrimetta, used to be called Sheep Stations in the old days and referred to by surfers as Little Narrabeen or "Turri"

Never seen anyone fish off the beach as its usually too crowded with surfers to be honest. Plenty of fish off the north headland which you can walk up to and is probably not the safest place to fish due to waves washing over the shelf unless its a really small NE swell.

Hey mate the beach is called Turrimetta, used to be called Sheep Stations in the old days and referred to by surfers as Little Narrabeen or "Turri"

Never seen anyone fish off the beach as its usually too crowded with surfers to be honest. Plenty of fish off the north headland which you can walk up to and is probably not the safest place to fish due to waves washing over the shelf unless its a really small NE swell.

Cheers mate, I only went there cos all the surfers were at North Narrabeen still and Turrimetta was empty :P Was trying to learn gutters and test out some new gear and techniques. :)

It's a great place to fish for salmon and tailor. It's got a good sandy bottom just off the rocks.

The waves almost always wash over the rocks. Pretty much unless youre fishing a very low tide you'll have your feet wet so cleats are a must, ones that give grip in all directions not just forward and back like some do. But even though there is a lot of wash there's very little chance of being washed into the water as it drains to a channel about 20-30 meters behind the rock edge.

That said its still a risky place to fish as there's lots of deep holes that if you get knocked over you may end up in, not to mention the grazes. It's easy to get caught by a bigger than usual wave. When I'd fish there some times the waves would roll over the ledge gently and you could safely fish with water rising to knee to thigh deep. Other times I've fished there I've been knocked over with waves going up to mid calf level.

My advice is it's a great place to fish but if you are then aim for low to mid tide and avoid it altogether if there's more than half a metre of swell from the south east. That's the swell direction that will really hurt! And as always if there's any doubt, or if you get wet above the waist move to the beach.