EARLY NEPEAN SESH

jkm1667

Had a early sesh down the mighty nepean this morning and landed a few mullet which i was targeting for bait.

Landed 2 nice fish and lost a couple of beauties, 1 jumped pretty high and throw the hooks the other wrapped itself around a submered log around a foot from the bank (bugger).

Still managed a p.b. which was cool.

All fish fell to some home made dow with a little salt and parmesan.

post-23515-009764500 1354146670_thumb.jpg

post-23515-001063600 1354146855_thumb.jpg

Had a early sesh down the mighty nepean this morning and landed a few mullet which i was targeting for bait.

Landed 2 nice fish and lost a couple of beauties, 1 jumped pretty high and throw the hooks the other wrapped itself around a submered log around a foot from the bank (bugger).

Still managed a p.b. which was cool.

All fish fell to some home made dow with a little salt and parmesan.

Very impressive session there bud!

Fantastic live and slab baits for so many species! Out fishing for Jewfish tonight with Mullet slab baits!

Hey mate, do you berley hard or just float the dough mix down on a small hook and let it do it's thing?

Butch

That is really impressive. I have spent hours trying to catch these guys.....caught 2 x 35cm one day, then nothing ever since. Can you tell me what hook size you used? I use a 16. Also were you using a pencil or bubble float? Finally.....is your homemade dough firm or gooey?

Burley with slice of bread mixed with water to make a VERY WATERY slush, not to feed them just to school them.

I use a blackie float with a 30cm leader to a size 8 treble and mould the firm dow (which is made a couple of days earlier and kept in the fridge) around the treble around the size of a pea and just leave the barbs exposed.

Even the large fish just slightly take the float down so it must be balanced as you would chasing blackfish.

Guest hawkesbass

GOOD EFFORT ON THE MULLET BUT BE WARY OFF USING TREBLE HOOKS WITH BAIT AS IT IS ILLEGAL FROM MEMORY AS I DID IT AS A YOUNGSTER AND GOT CAUTIONED FOR IT MANY YEARS AGO.

GOOD EFFORT ON THE MULLET BUT BE WARY OFF USING TREBLE HOOKS WITH BAIT AS IT IS ILLEGAL FROM MEMORY AS I DID IT AS A YOUNGSTER AND GOT CAUTIONED FOR IT MANY YEARS AGO.

Well i didnt know that hawkesbass,had no idea,i purchased them from+_+_) and on the packet it stated for dow fishing or lures ?

They are a lot easier to hook fish though, so maybe thats why.

cheers