Chipping Norton

Paul

Gday Raiders

Headed to Chipping Norton with Alan AKA Adawg at six this morning for some kayak fishing with the intention of catching some bream, estuary perch or jewfish before the sweltering heat kicked in.

Soon as we started casting, we were getting nibbles and it wasn't too long before there was a double hookup as I got a small tailor while Adawg's rod got some serious action. After about a 2-3 minute fight, he managed to land a very decent sized bream and a new PB. We didn't have a bragmat with us but the rails of the kayaks measured up to 30cm and it went well over. Adawg suggested 37cm but I'm willing to back him up for 39cm if anyone ever asks :P . Photo was snapped before we released the big fella back into the drink. Well done mate :)

post-1553-041177300 1354346184_thumb.jpg

Things got a bit quiet shortly after so we decided to switch between lures from SPs to blades with a few snags in between whilst chatting about fishing on the way up the river. One of the funny things mentioned was how much S-Factor is like those flavoured oil satchets you find in a pack of Asian 2 minute noodles so I suggested we try that instead on our next trip haha. As we were peddling up, there was a boat anchored up with about 4 rods out at once and the man on it landed a decent sized bream and it looked like he was keeping it for consumption :1yikes::wacko::074:

After switching from the lobby pros to the 2.5" Gulp shrimps, I was consistently getting bites again but unable to set the hook on any of the buggers on the retrieve. Several times the shrimps were just getting chomped in half. It wasn't until I was handing something to Adawg and not paying attention when a bream decided to smash my lure and my rod went crazy. After a quick and fun fight I managed to bring him in and we'd just setup the livewell earlier to test so we put him in there and would measure him and release him at the end of the trip. He came in at 29cm a new PB for me on lures and kayak :yahoo:

post-1553-087706200 1354346191_thumb.jpg

post-1553-048365900 1354346189_thumb.jpg

Later on we decided to target EPs without any luck and we sorta just strayed our own way for a bit when I got an SMS from ADawg saying he landed a 31 cm bream :thumbup: . Shortly after, it was getting really hot and we decided to pack up and go to Maccas for lunch on the way home :biggrin2:

post-1553-040954000 1354346182_thumb.jpg

post-1553-062446800 1354346187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul

Great session!

Loving the PA12's. Haven't been out on mine for a couple of months :ranting2:

I reckon 37cm would be a good guess for that bream. Nice fish!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man

Great report and nice bunch of fish!

Chippo is a fantastic place to catch and release ... many people I see do keep fish from there... mmmmm

Try some bright orange grubs with some squidgy Sex-factor if you are targeting EPs... nearly all the EPs I have caught has been with these.

A large maccas frozen coke after a fishing trip. ...unbeatable!

Cheers

Trung

Great report and nice bunch of fish!

Chippo is a fantastic place to catch and release ... many people I see do keep fish from there... mmmmm

Try some bright orange grubs with some squidgy Sex-factor if you are targeting EPs... nearly all the EPs I have caught has been with these.

A large maccas frozen coke after a fishing trip. ...unbeatable!

Cheers

Trung

Cheers Trung , will have to try that next time... those frozen cokes is exactly what we had :)

Edited by Paul

Bro bout 15 mins after you left the bottom half of the bay other side from were i was blew up mullet gettin rounded up thought they were big tailor but yhe were jews got a vid of it ill send it alan.only got two small bream and a baby flatthead

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kingfisher84