soft plastics at night

Novicefisherman

thats great to hear. I work during the day so sometimes its only possible to fish at night. Whats your favourite plastics to use for jews at night? Newbie at plastics so really don't have an idea.

Hey NoviceFisherMan

I was testing out plastics last night and got onto a 30cm flathead and a small bream.

Used a 2.5" Z-Man GrubZ (Bloodworm) on 1/16oz Size 2 hook. Will be testing a few more at night this week (weather permitting) and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Paul

Hey NoviceFisherMan

I was testing out plastics last night and got onto a 30cm flathead and a small bream.

Used a 2.5" Z-Man GrubZ (Bloodworm) on 1/16oz Size 2 hook. Will be testing a few more at night this week (weather permitting) and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, I'm a novice with plastics also...always presumed they worked due to action/movement... are the ones you use at night scented?

Thanks

no expert but i tend to go with brighter colours at night like white or some of the pinks/yellows I think that scent is always helpful, caught plenty of flatheads and tailor at night, faster retrieve for tailor, slow for flats, never done much good with bream or jewies but im sure its not difficult, all about putting in the hours

I don't profess to be an expert - but my catches have significantly increased over the past year following a few tips. I fish mainly for flathead on plastics at night - have caught 2 school jews but not a regular thing.

- Slow your retrieve right down compared to fishing in the day. Slow, deliberate action (leave it on the bottom 5 or 10 sec bewteen lifts) has seen me catch many more flathead at night than I used to.

- Best lure size I have found is anything from 65mm - 110mm, colours don't seem to have mattered as much - though I do lean on natural colours most of the time

- I don't use anything heavier than 8lb braid to 8lb or 10lb leader. Anything beyond that limits my casting distance.

- Fish around lit structure (wharves etc) where you can - but focus you casting just beyond the edge where the light meets the dark

I don't think there's any massive secrets - other than the more time you put in, the more you will catch!

All the best

Hey Novice

Got to test some more plastics on Friday & Saturday night. Landed a mixture of flatties, pike, tailor and an octopus :1yikes:

Plastics used were Z-Man 2.5" GrubZ (pumpkinseed) & 3" MinnowZ (Electric Chicken) with a bit of S-Factor.

Picture of some of the fish. I released the pike shortly after.

post-1553-073488300 1355039104_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul

Hey Novice

Got to test some more plastics on Friday & Saturday night. Landed a mixture of flatties, pike, tailor and an octopus :1yikes:

Plastics used were Z-Man 2.5" GrubZ (pumpkinseed) & 3" MinnowZ (Electric Chicken) with a bit of S-Factor.

Picture of some of the fish. I released the pike shortly after.

post-1553-073488300 1355039104_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Was out yesterday bagged a few stinky pike and a baby flathead. Learnt heaps about plastics and techniques. The pikes love the plastics don't they. I was using a squiggie wriggler in wasbi colour and berekley 3 " minnow

Edited by Novicefisherman