something lost something found

ginko

I was downrigging through Careel Bay (#5 circle hook, 35lb leader) for early kings today, but had the bait taken first by a tailor, then by a salmon.

When I checked the salmon - it had this fly in its mouth. The hook was in perfect condition, caught on the gill-rakers, and the fly was mostly in good condition, but the tail ends had evidently made their way into the stomach and were covered in a greenish goo.

The hook had no sign of line on it, so I am guessing the fish was lost to a knot failure rather than a broken/bitten line.

post-8116-072187700 1354530117_thumb.jpg

post-8116-068934400 1354530165_thumb.jpg

post-8116-038056400 1354530207_thumb.jpg

I was downrigging through Careel Bay (#5 circle hook, 35lb leader) for early kings today, but had the bait taken first by a tailor, then by a salmon.

When I checked the salmon - it had this fly in its mouth. The hook was in perfect condition, caught on the gill-rakers, and the fly was mostly in good condition, but the tail ends had evidently made their way into the stomach and were covered in a greenish goo.

The hook had no sign of line on it, so I am guessing the fish was lost to a knot failure rather than a broken/bitten line.