Kings- finally!

pete76

After countless trips and NO kings cause of this that or the other, i went out yesterday for a troll. With the wind howling, i decided to troll along south head as it was relatively calm. Just before i got to north bondi came across a school of kings and it was on. Trolling 2 rods by myself it got pretty exciting at times. All up 7 kings one at 65, 6 at 55-60cm plus a few dropped. Not much to take home, but at least i got my first sydney kings! After a 1m + that i got in mexico earlier this year, ive got the bug! hopefully ill crack the meter mark here this summer!

they disappeared by around 2pm, trolled all the way back for zilch!

After countless trips and NO kings cause of this that or the other, i went out yesterday for a troll. With the wind howling, i decided to troll along south head as it was relatively calm. Just before i got to north bondi came across a school of kings and it was on. Trolling 2 rods by myself it got pretty exciting at times. All up 7 kings one at 65, 6 at 55-60cm plus a few dropped. Not much to take home, but at least i got my first sydney kings! After a 1m + that i got in mexico earlier this year, ive got the bug! hopefully ill crack the meter mark here this summer!

they disappeared by around 2pm, trolled all the way back for zilch!

Comiserations my friend. I'm heading out tomorrow. Hope I have something better to report.

Wazza

what lures were you trolling champ?

all were caught on the little 7 rapala red/white minnows. Other colours didnt seem to work, popper didnt work either. I had a large SP prob 10cm, they chopped it to pieces but couldnt hook any up! I find the little rapalas are magic, pretty much gets anything,only problem is ur trolling so damn sloowwww!

Yep the rats are going feral! Was out couple days ago and when we found em, north of the heads, they hit everything. Poppers were an absolute blast as usual. So much so we took the hooks off a couple and watched the rats getting more and more angry as they smashed em all the way back to the boat. Got three between 75cm and 80cm on slow trolled live slimeys too. Water was super clear, running the right way :) and 20.6C. Stacks of fat slimeys in the harbour.