how to cast centre pin

jkm1667

Gyday guys and girls

Im very new to blackfishing and would love some tips on casting a centre pin reel, ive had a alvey 475 given to me recently but cant seem to cast to far with it,ive seen some vids on you tube doing the wallis cast but they make it a lot easier than it really is.

Any little tips or advice would be great or even any links.

cheers

john

Where do you live mate?

Happy to give you some lessons down the park or on the bay?

Tip is practice you need to use the rod to get the reel spinning the principal is to load the rod and as you bring the rod forward release the reel feathering the spool as the float hits the water you stop the reel and give the rod a little flick back towards you. Think of flycast and uding the rod to do the work. You essentially bring the rod back to say 10 oclock and sweep it forward to where you want the float to land in one even motion paralell to the ground at chest height. Its something best shown and no amount of outube or advice wil beat practice with a good caster. I have taught a lot of people some pick it up overnight others tke months its about timing co ordination and yes I will say it again practice. PM me if you would like to take up the offer.