Accessories not working on boat

stickybeak

Need some help. Just started packing boat for tomorrow fishing trip. Found out no electrics working sounder, both radios , bait tank , lights only thing working is the Motor going had a look behind dash found 3 - 10amp fuse box one look dead so I changed the 3 with brand new ones still nothing. Any one have any ideas thanks

Thanks stuey had a check of the main going back to batteries seems ok.give tomorrow a miss and get it fixed next week.just had a new sounder and marine radio and arial put in2 months ago by a boat place who did a good job been out 5 times since not a problem don,t No

The power going to the motor is normally on a seperate circuit to the accessories hence the reason the motor works whilst the the accessories are not.

There should be a seperate fuse on the positive cable near where the accessories circuit connects to the battery. It's unlikely it's blown but could be corroded or come loose.

Check both terminal connections (Neg & Pos.) at both the battery & the buzz bar / terminal block under the dash for tightness & corrosion.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Yes I found the problem today .i pulled the twin battery on and off switch out to have a look and the accessories wire was loose at the connection. Titan him up and all good now.

My rods go in the sides of the boat and run down past the battery switch on one side and thinking the rod tips are getting caught on the wire sometimes making it become loose.

Thanks again for your advise guys