Bream are back in town! Bulli delivers

elferoz777

Given the advice of a high tide this morning I decided to venture to my bream spot at bulli.

As expected the usual 2 old fellahs were there and as I rigged up one pulled in a 45 cm blackie that was as fat as a tank!

None the less annoyed that I left my newly acquired blackie gear at home I went to cast my prawns into the trench I always hit.

Within 10 seconds I pulled up a 34 cm fish (you tell me bream or tarwhine?)

I was getting hits every couple of minutes followed by strong runs that bent my rod but the fish slipped of the hook....I swear there was a massive flatty on one but it pulled hard and slipped of...Damn!

# more times this happened then I went for a large snapper hook and started to bring them in again....the next few were on 20 cms so I threw them back but I finally hit another decent model and decided to go home and enjoy breakfast....though it was more like lunch by this stage.

Love the high tides...anything over 1.7 and this spot usually delivers..the best is the full moon king tides...the monster fish come out during these.

post-21984-058275900 1355538790_thumb.jpg

post-21984-001103800 1355538920_thumb.jpg

Edited by elferoz777

i'd say the same top bream bottom tarwine, the bottom is definately tarwine due to its shape and the lateral lines in the flesh, its harder to tell when they are scaled. nice catch either way :)

Edited by one fishes

WOW man I havent seen tarwhine that big well done!!

do they taste good?

They taste very nice. I find them better than bream.

I have caught a 47 cm tarwhine early this year and am looking to break that record this year seeing as I have a lot more know how then I did when I first started fishing.

It fought pretty damn good too....

I went out the next day but only managed a 30 cm bream

WOW man I havent seen tarwhine that big well done!!

do they taste good?

They taste very nice. I find them better than bream.

I have caught a 47 cm tarwhine early this year and am looking to break that record this year seeing as I have a lot more know how then I did when I first started fishing.

It fought pretty damn good too....

I went out the next day but only managed a 30 cm bream