Can I fit a bow mount electric?

BFB

I am after some advice. I have a Haines Hunter 520SF boat which is a cabin but no flat area at the front of the boat. Is it possible to still fit a bow mounted electric motor to this type of boat?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Is it possible to still fit a bow mounted electric motor to this type of boat?

Elect motors can be fitted to most boats the first thing to check is the strength & access to the prefered mounting point.

The size would not be less than 80lb which means a 2 X 12V (24V) batteries.

Determin where they will be located as they are heavy & can take up a lot of space..

Check the shaft lengths available to ensure it is sufficient to get good water coverage of the prop.

For a boat of your size , is a small outboard , around 4 - 5 HP , an option

Geoff

i probably wouldnt mate, you need to see the head of the motor to see which way its going to propel you when you hit the power, i would be very uncomfortable if i struggled to see the head clearly.

hope you understand what i mean,

maybe look at the minn kota engine mounted models although not sure if there good or not.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I also wish to fit a mini kota to a topender . Has anybody done this without having to remove some of the bow rails.? I have the Quick realise brackets ready for the fit but was curious about the modifications needed.

Thanks Troy

Hi All

I also wish to fit a mini kota to a topender . Has anybody done this without having to remove some of the bow rails.? I have the Quick realise brackets ready for the fit but was curious about the modifications needed.

Thanks Troy

Use the search function at the top of the page - type in mounting bowmount or something like that ,most of the questions asked here have been covered to some extent in previous threads - try this link http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=55914&hl=%2Bmounting+%2Bbowmount#entry401600

Cheers Blood Knot