hard going yesterday

Bawley

Nice going Andy, pitty you couldn't find any reds that could win you a trophy :-). As always you returned with a feed, that keeps the Mrs happy. Have you tried those octopus/lucanus jigs on marwong? They absolutely smash em.

You'll be chasing the marlin soon enough.

The President.

Edited by The President

Nice going Andy, pitty you couldn't find any reds that could win you a trophy :-). As always you returned with a feed, that keeps the Mrs happy. Have you tried those octopus/lucanus jigs on marwong? They absolutely smash em.

You'll be chasing the marlin soon enough.

The President.

hi nick.... im not a mowie fan but will eat them.... give to the mother in law mate.... she cooks em up something beautiful...

lots of bait balls 20-30 metres down....i reckon this year I will give the black marlin a decent crack... try and get one in close.. looks promising...happy xmas....

Nice catch mate, perfect leading into Chrissie. just a hint on the mowies if you don't know, fillet and skin them get all that black crap off them and they are beautiful in anchor breadcrumbs cooked in a little olive oil and lemon. (cut the ribcage out).

Merry Christmas - Blairy

with mowies if you flour the skinned boned fillets and refrigerate for 3 days they lose the iodine taste and the coating becomes like tempura cheers wizza

G'day Wizza,

is it the flour that removes the iodine smell/taste or is it the 3 day refrigeration ?

I would love to know because I tried many recipes for mowies and didn't succeed in finding an acceptible one...

Tony

hi tony i dont know as always roll in flour first.easy to try tho next time we get afew.without a flour coating fish dehydrates in fridge.flour draws the moisture from the fish and hardens after awhile.you can re roll in flour if desired. i guess you have a gluten problem.if so should be some alternative to form acoating eg cling wrap.cheers wizza.maybe as simple as putting in acontainer.

Mowies are great eating. The guy at the Burrill Lake fish and chip shop (one of the best on the south coast) prefers morwong to snapper. The boatshed at Tuross uses Morwong and they are also one of the top places for fish and chips - and a great location under an umbrella by Tuross lake! Skin the fillets and cut out the pin bones - crumb them or batter them. Top fish, only thing better is flathead.

Edited by Benzeenees