Custom 40ft Blackwatch

Scent Blazer Lures

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd update the progress of our Research boat, a custom 40ft Blackwatch currently getting built.

What are your thoughts on electronics? sounders, radar, GPS etc?

Its now at the stage of fit out and would love your input.

40ft Custom Blackwatch

Tight Lines

Andrew

SBC

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Nice boat

Just be extra carefull with the side window installation as mine are a pain in the backside with water leaks in a moderate sea although ours is a 36 not 40.

we have furuno gps plotter, sounder, and radar over twin screens and couldent be happier.

WOW, what a fantastic looking Big Game fishing boaT.

I've been using your lures for a few weeks now and what can I say, love them.

My mate gave me one of your marlin lure packs. Started running one for testing and it was the only one to get all the strikes. Now I run all 5 and the teaser chain aswell.

I can understand why you need a new research vessel, your onto a winner with your lures.

I'm converted...

Edited by tomBillfish

Hi Andrew,

I've got a 2006 40 with nearly all raymarine gear (5 screens) plus a bit of furuno gear-(-sonar and navionics) plus lots of other goodies like four cameras,plus night vision,underwater lights etc. Running cat c9's If you want to have a look please call ---Boat is at Newport.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew,

Great boat. I'm sure it will be fishy.

A bit of feedback for you, I got my first marlin yesterday on one of your lures. It was the only SB out of the three being trolled. I had two of your teasers out also. Fingers crossed it continues.

Cheers

Erroll

Andrew,

A bit of feedback for you, I got my first marlin yesterday on one of your lures. It was the only SB out of the three being trolled. I had two of your teasers out also. Fingers crossed it continues.

Cheers

Erroll

Which lure was it mate we got a strike but unfortunately didn't hold on a small dolphin fish lure.

Andrew,

Cheers

Erroll

Hey Erroll,

Thats awesome!! its a good coloured lure you caught it on.

What bait did you have inside?

again awesome stuff, congratulations to you and your crew.

tight lines

Andrew

SBC

Smelly pilchards didn't have any dolphin fish lying around. I know it says to try and use the same bait as the lure.

Nice Nice, close enough is good enough shane!! when we fish the fads before we head wide I gut the dollies and use what ever is in their guts in my chamber or cut the unwanted tail meat off (muscly section) and load it (depends how big the fish is).

Thanks Andrew. I stuffed it with chopped up pillie. The teasers too. I got another hit on Saturday on the yellow scad again with pillie but unfortunately it did not stick long. Cheers

yea I prefer using pillies as they are oily but with the amount of mackerel around I've been doing well on slimy macks!!

Smelly pilchards didn't have any dolphin fish lying around. I know it says to try and use the same bait as the lure.

Nice Nice, close enough is good enough shane!! when we fish the fads before we head wide I gut the dollies and use what ever is in their guts in my chamber or cut the unwanted tail meat off (muscly section) and load it (depends how big the fish is).

No worries thanks for the info I guess it doesn't matter what bait you use the oilier the better I suppose.