4 pound vanish

burnsie

interested to see the responses here,

i prefer 3lb braid with a loooong light fluro leader for the spooky stuff,

would like to hear the benefits of running fluro all the way through as it seems to be getting quite a popular thing to do for breaming etc.

Hi guys

I'm thinking of running 4pound vanish all the way through for flicking plastics. Do u reakon this will be alright or better to go with braid and then a leader?

Thanks and hopefully everyone gets among some fish over chrissy!

I use 6lb vanish for Bream fishing in the washes and it does the job ok,I just got fed up of tying on leaders all the time.

i run 2lb toray fluoro on one spool i use it for flats work and if the water is ultra clear.theres realy no point running 4lb like paul said you wont get the cast.its used because your braid no mater how long your leader most times fish will see your braid as it passes the fish and will spook them when there finicky and in comps every thing counts.if you do decide to run fluro make shore you get a casting fluro as its softer then leader fluro also helps if you have a softer rod like one made for hardbodys.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Mate i have been down this road and quickly reverted back to braid.

The difference in casting distance between the two is huge.

I fish 6lb fireline exceed and 6lb vanish leader.

Cheers

Paul

Paul do you think 4 would be any better?

I spose if u just go 6 i can you a 6 pound leader for bream and upgrade to a 10 for flatty

4lb fireline is fine prob better as it breaks at well over that. I also use 14lb vanish leader for flatties, will be doing so in berowra tomorrow.

No matter what size, if you use vanish all the way through and not braid you will pay for it with short casting which is counter priductive for sp fishing.

Hope this helps, learn from my experience.

On a side note i have NEVER broke fireline and this includes the odd cowan king!

Try out the nanofil. Top stuff. I use the 12lb and 10lb and it's as fine as dental floss, knots are strong, massive casting distances compared to the braid I used to use. I've read about this stuff a lot and people don't seem to like it as they have problems with snaps from the hook and leader joins. Touch wood I've been two seasons so for without a knot fail being responsible for a fish loss. Then again, you've gotta be a fool to tie your main straight room a hook.

I could not imagine casting fluro and if you happened to get a fold or crease anywhere it's there forever. Also if my leaders get any abrasion, no matter how small it is, I cut it out and start again. I find that flurocarbon has a high tendency to break very easily at any abrasion point in the line. Would be really crap if you got any abrasion somewhere say 10m in the spool...