Narrabeen

Guest MarkD

Guest MarkD

Hello All,

Went for a very early beach session this morning on Norh Narrabeen.

Set off just before 4am and half way there realised I had left my knife at home which was going to make cuitting up slimey mackrel very difficult :ranting2: Ah well I thought and kept on going.

On arrival it was obviously still pitch dark and spotting sturcture & gutters was going to be next to impossible so I headed to Tourmaline as per Darryls post in the hope that the structure from midweek was still there. Before I started to set up I walked down to the shoreline for a closer inspection and low and behold at my feet is a fishing knife :thumbup::thumbup: One fisho's loss is another fisho's saviour!

With the omens looking good I replicated Darryls squidgy rig and flung her out just beyound the surf. Then set up my spinning rod and proceeded to spin away! Only fished for a couple of hours as I have engagemnts :wife: early afternoon and sad to say the net result was a half decent run on the squidgy rig which resulted in a bite off and a pretty good sunset.

Despite the lack of fish it's awesome to be the only person on a beach and I'm certainly keen to increase the frequency of my beach sorties.

Hope the following weekend reports feature some fish!

Cheers

Mark

post-128-1122073689_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarkD

Guest bluecod

You're right Mark, it great to be on the beach early - especially to watch the sunset :1yikes::074::074:

Lucky find coming across the knife just as you needed it :biggrin2: though pity about the dropped fish :thumbdown:

Might try down there over the weekend myself :1fishing1:

Guest MarkD
You're right Mark, it great to be on the beach early - especially to watch the sunset  :1yikes:  :074:  :074:

Might try down there over the weekend myself  :1fishing1:

59074[/snapback]

Thanks George :sun: One of these days I'll fall awake :)

Guest MarkD
Hey Mark,

lucky you found the knife, better than someone stepping on it as well.  Too bad about the fish, but you saw a nice sunrise.

59083[/snapback]

Hi Ken,

Thats right and there was a good few barefoot joggers later in the morning. It's a pretty nice sharp knife too!

Have you been out for fish yourself lately?

Hi Mark,

been out a couple of times for nothing worth writing about. Going to the lake tomorrow with Bluecod to try out a few flies Iv'e tied, might give yours a go as well. Should get onto some choppers at least. Catch you at the salmon day.