Clips for changing lures

arpie

Hi guys

Most of us that have used clips have had a 'fail' due to gear failure - either the clip opens by the fish biting onto it & undoing it or the constant opening & shutting of them weakens the metal & eventually busts ...... sometimes even without a fish on! 1badmood.gif

I know that there are some fishos who will NEVER use clips ....... but I am not one of them!074.gif I get SO SICK of cutting leaders & tying knots ........

However ....... in recent months, I've been trialling these Decoy Spiral Clips & have been surprisingly pleased with how they work! I use the 18lb ones (they come in 10, 14 & 18lb).

post-2231-007828300 1356238187_thumb.jpg

They work by you 'twisting' the lure eye onto the clip until it reaches the bottom loop! SO ...... (unless using a lure with a BIG eye .....) no moving parts.

post-2231-067773400 1356238213_thumb.jpg

There are also these ones Delalande Agrafe Rapide Inox that are rated at 29lb - but I haven't tried them - more for offshore, i would think. They look the goods tho

post-2231-080251000 1356238227_thumb.jpg

It is also a relatively quick change from one lure to the next.

If you want to try a 'better' clip - give these a go!

cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

....Norman speed clips are unbreakable and never let go ....

I've only seen them in the bigger sizes tho!! wacko.gif

cheers

Roberta

there are two sizes Roberta and the smaller size is ideal for sx 40s and small hard bods

I use a solid ring tied to my main line and the split rings on the lures connected to that. If I use soft plastics I put a split ring on the jig head and attach it to the solid ring. Does not hinder strikes, strong, quick and easy. I only use clips for squiding or the heavy duty ones when using bigger metal lures.