New Reel...Undecided..

ultimatefish

Hey Raiders,

Just pulled out all the gear for my annual trip to Greenwell Point and the good ole faithful reel has seized up, it must have got saltwater in it last month while beach fishing, but it was 12 years old so not a bad run out of it. So i am up for new reel for my T-Curve Revolution 2.13m Offshore series, as this is a new rod and i am looking to get some decent flathead,snapper or what ever else is biting i am unsure what reel to put onto it, any feedback would be great.. Gotta get one tomorrow ....

Thinking of putting 15 or 20lb line on it, usually concentrate on flatties with the live bait (poddys) but going to try and target snapper this year,wasnt realy anning for a new rel so i havent done any research on whats around at the moment,and i am trying not to make a bad choice...thanks joseph i will check that one out now online..

Also, what kg's rating is the rod, is it overhead or spin and what is your price range?

The reel would be spinning and the weight is 5-10kg and mayb out $200 i just looked at the shimano stradic 4000j and that didnt seem to bad,depends if i can get one tomorrow or not, just looking at a few stores on the way down to see if that may be an option.