random trips

nat

Hey guys been a while since I posted & I'm sitting at home watching one of the little ones & wondering what happened to sri lankan cricket??

Hope you all had a great christmas with plenty of new fishing gear provided by your loved ones.

Haven't been out much recently, a couple of nepean bashes one from yak & one quick land based just to scratch the itch. Got the bass from the yak @ cobitty on a purple 1/4oz tt spinner bait mid morning that went 45cm followed by a couple more rats. Got the other bass land based on a 2.5 inch bloodworm zman grub @ the weir that went 39cm & went like the clappers :1yikes: on my 2-5kg stick and again a couple of smaller ones which I didn't bother taking photos of that were caught on my favourite tiemco soft shell cicada.

post-12031-072894500 1356670538_thumb.jpg post-12031-083299000 1356670569_thumb.jpg

The other fish caught were from the Georges around the moons on the run out tide. A few more under size flatties were caught & about a million tailor. All caught on 65mm bloodworm or lava wrigglers. The ep was on stewies favourite wasabi!!! they do love em mate.

post-12031-087227900 1356670596_thumb.jpgpost-12031-046343700 1356670644_thumb.jpg

post-12031-036127100 1356670605_thumb.jpg

The last trip I went on from the boat didn't involve a camera but provided 8 solid bream that smashed any smaller plastic in pink again on the run out tide in the lower Georges. It was good to see the maritime out in force doing their safety checks.Tight lines & a happy & safe new year to you all.

Thanks for the report. I'm interested to know where you launch your kayak from. I have only launched from behind Camden airport. Is there anywhere decent heading north? Cheers.

yeah mate u can throw in down at cobbity bridge or wallacia bridge. There is a very popular spot at Castlereagh off Devlin road where u can smash bass all day if u want, not alot of big ones though

It was good to see the maritime out in force doing their safety checks.Tight lines & a happy & safe new year to you all.

I was out on Botany Bay and out around the headlands on Friday. Maritime could have made a small fortune had they been around and chosen to fine people not wearing lifejackets in boats under 4.8 metres in the open waters or when alone inside. One boat well under 4.8 metres was out the front with 2 adults and 2 teenagers aboard and not a lifejacket in sight. Quite staggering how so many either don't know the rules or choose to ignore them. Makes one wonder what other safety regulations they either don't know about or ignore.