Lake Illawarra report

elferoz777

Decided I would try my hand fishing under the Windang bridge this morning.

Was absolutely dead until I noticed a heap of tailor busting up.

Lucky for me I had a cheap grrrrrrrr spinner and sent it out.

I ended up landing my first fish spinning and was a 30 cm tailor :yahoo: .

Was having the time of my fishing life until some jerk in a boat decided that 15 meters away from the fish was too far and drove his boat right over them... :ranting2:

I was quite furious as I had been doing my best to cast between the other boats and the bridge and was doing quite well. The other fishos were also working in well until Captain :ranting2: dropped anchor.

The good thing is they struggled to get anything but undersized fish (which they kept)and I continued to catch tailor with the others by casting around them (the tailor eventually moved).

I dont get the mentality of someone who would drop anchor right where everyone is fishing then glare at them for casting near their boat.We all could have still fished quite well had they have stayed away from the fish instead of right over them. All I can say to that person (and his crew) is lucky I am not as mad as I used to be or I would not have pulled back on those casts that were going to land right on you head!so bloody tempting.....oh well :05:

Was a good morning anyhow and will be back to get more for some live bait for beach fishing

post-21984-054374900 1356835057_thumb.jpg

post-21984-008126100 1356835066_thumb.jpg

post-21984-090425100 1356835074_thumb.jpg

I dont get the mentality of someone who would drop anchor right where everyone is fishing then glare at them for casting near their boat.We all could have still fished quite well had they have stayed away from the fish instead of right over them.

Some dropkicks have no idea, and think that either:

1) other people should be fishing straight below their boat or next to the shore if on the bank, or,

2) they have a right to fish where they want and have no respect for other people, or,

3) they have no idea how to approach or keep a distance from other fishermen.

Have seen it happen many times before, and it will happen again.

• 3 weeks later...