Breaming the snags! - 2/1/13

rjc123

Hi Raiders,

Headed out on the yak earlier in the week with the intention of getting a solid bag of bream in a few hours. The snags have been good to me lately so most of the session was spent fishing them...

Started out having a flick in a favourite flattie spot. 3 smallish 45cm flatties in as many casts! Still good fun on a 1-2kg rod! Nothing more after this so returned to the target of the day - BREAM.

post-14949-026934200 1357386974_thumb.png

Went to my favourite set of snags and started peppering casts in every likely holding area. Typically the top of the tide had slowed the bream down but i hung around and was rewarded big time. Around an hour after the tide change, my little Z-man Grubz in "Watermellon Red" got smashed right in front of the snag. It was less than a foot deep so straight away got a glimpse of a good fish. Hard work keeping him out from the snag on ultra light tackle but after a few minutes netted a solid Bream of 34cm. A very fat fish for its length! Popped him in the live well and this was Bream #1 for the bag.

post-14949-037361700 1357386986_thumb.jpg

Next cast straight into a new snag and this time the plastic was smashed on top! Was fishing it on top and letting it sink once it had passed the oyster ledge behind the snag. Was a great visual and got a great little tussle from a 27cm Bream. Popped him in the livewell and he was Bream #2 for the bag.

Less than 5 mins later had another sensational surface strike from a 25cm Bream. Bream #3 for the bag!

Things started to slow down with only a few undersize bream and choppers hitting the plastic. Moved onto my next set of snags soon after. It took under 5 mins for the next fish to hit the deck. A 26cm Bream which was Bream #4 for the bag!

Not long after i reached the target scoring another 25cm Bream and getting that Bream #5 to complete my bag. Was hoping to find a few better fish soon after but things died down and called it a day.

Overall a top little session with a couple of good fish caught.

Here's the end result, before release.

post-14949-039734700 1357387004_thumb.png

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man

Top stuff mate wont be long and you will be smashn them in tournies

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate, wishful thinking though :biggrin2:

Smashing the bream there Tom :)

You thinking of doing any tournies? I'm gonna enter next year for a bit of fun with a mate. Need to get a few good bream sessions in soon.

Hi Paul, yeah I'm also going to have a crack at the ABT Hobie Bream series later this year. I've got plenty of practicing time til then :thumbup:

Hi Paul, yeah I'm also going to have a crack at the ABT Hobie Bream series later this year. I've got plenty of practicing time til then :thumbup:

Same. According to my mate, they aren't doing my local haunt this year ie Canada Bay so will be a few road trips further out. Good luck and all the best :)

Yeah first is in feb like allan said but narra lakes is in march but u will have some good compertition woth cam fishing it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, my mistake. Narra lakes will be hard with cam! He's a gun :biggrin2:

Nice work again Tom and a quality haul of fish there.

Great way to start off the New Year too!

I got myself some of those 2.5" Z man grubz and 4" swimmerz and looking forward to giving them a go very soon.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading your reports.

Keep up the tremendous work.

All the best

Ian

Nice work again Tom and a quality haul of fish there.

Great way to start off the New Year too!

I got myself some of those 2.5" Z man grubz and 4" swimmerz and looking forward to giving them a go very soon.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading your reports.

Keep up the tremendous work.

All the best

Ian

You'll love them mate! 1/12 TT jighead is perfect for the grubz in most situations. The 4" swimmerz claim their fair share of jews. Hopefully thats the case this afternoon :biggrin2:

Cheers, Tom

Top Bream Tom : )

Im hoping to get out this week. Might give the z man's a go

Yeah the bream are firing atm. With the z-mans, you need to superglue them onto the jighead (unless you use the TT Headlockz) otherwise they slip down the hook... Definitely my #1 bream plastic at the moment. I think its time i try and crack a few on top water HB's!

Heading out chasing EP's and maybe a bass or two later in the week. Need to tick them off the list!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man