tuggerah lake the entrance

roba72

Hi all

Was up at the entrance last night and could not believe how many fisherman there were standing side by side catching whiting at the entrance of tuggerah lake to the ocean. They were literally casting over the shoulders of each other as there was no room. I tried my luck with beach worms I bought form local tackle shop as no one had blood worms but I couldnt catch one. I spoke to a few fisherman there that would talk to me and apparently they were using red wriggler worms. I have never seen these worms at bait shops and was told they dig these up themselves. Any idea where i can get these worms??

thanks

Hi all

Was up at the entrance last night and could not believe how many fisherman there were standing side by side catching whiting at the entrance of tuggerah lake to the ocean. They were literally casting over the shoulders of each other as there was no room. I tried my luck with beach worms I bought form local tackle shop as no one had blood worms but I couldnt catch one. I spoke to a few fisherman there that would talk to me and apparently they were using red wriggler worms. I have never seen these worms at bait shops and was told they dig these up themselves. Any idea where i can get these worms??

thanks

Squirt worms from chipping norton lakes.. hard work but magic results.

The entrance during Xmas period = sucks balls

Being a local a can't really understand how they can fish like that and not get tangles.

I fish the run a lot,Black fishing with floats and when it gets crowded we cast over the top of each other but it works ok

sinker fishing must be difficult using this system I think they must us huge sinkers.

I have been told they use riggler worms bought up from Sydney.The bait and tackle store at long Jetty usually has blood worms but you have to get in early.

Anyway there is still plenty of fish around, If you have a boat we have been catching Flathead every day on the Western side of the bridge fishing the weed beds using soft plastics or baits will work ok. There are Whiting on the flats using poppers or prawn shape surface lures.

Just past the bridge on the Eastern side Flathead and Whiting early in the morning, the run out tide seems to be the best.

Under the bridge at night working the lights from the Bridge Flathead, Bream Whiting and a lot of choppy tailor.

The Flatties have been good size this year we are letting go anything over 600mm because there is plenty there, Unfortunately I saw the remains of one at least one metre long last night left at the boat ramp for every one to see. Even the pelicans couldn't eat it.

The prawns are still running I got 5 kilo last night mostly king prawns some as long as your hand which is pretty good for the Entrance.It's very crowded wading the channel but there is still plenty of room for all.

Fish early start at 5am finish at 9 30 after that the boat ramps get crowded with these huge boats that take forever to launch.

cheers Steve

I always get confused when people talk about these red worms.

I classify the Bloodworms as the ones that are red and look like a centipede.

The red wrigglers are the ones that look like garden worms but they have pinchers or something at their mouth which they use to bite you with :wacko:

Bloodworms I Pump

Wrigglers I dig up.

When i used to go up to the Entrance with my Dad and Uncles we went over to that bridge south of Padstow that crosses the Georges to dig up worms......has been yonks since i did it last, I should go check it out and see if the worms are still there.

I always get confused when people talk about these red worms.

I classify the Bloodworms as the ones that are red and look like a centipede.

The red wrigglers are the ones that look like garden worms but they have pinchers or something at their mouth which they use to bite you with :wacko:

Bloodworms I Pump

Wrigglers I dig up.

When i used to go up to the Entrance with my Dad and Uncles we went over to that bridge south of Padstow that crosses the Georges to dig up worms......has been yonks since i did it last, I should go check it out and see if the worms are still there.

An asian guy that was fishing there said thats where he got his worms from on the georges river. Bit far for me as I live near hornsby