ocean blackies

jkm1667

After a big night 12am and a very early start 2am Paul and i arrived at royces around 3.15.

As usual royce whipped up some brekkie and coffees,(i very much needed something in my stomach and a strong coffee), had a quick chat then we were off.

Royce decided to hit the ocean rocks,top call.

We arrived at first light and after about 15-20 min checking out the swell it was down to the ledges.

The fish were on straight away with plenty being landed and plenty being dropped. I didnt realise just how difficult it was to land these fish off the rocks must have dropped 8-10 fish just trying to lift them. After watching royce land them i started to get the idea.(be patient)

All in all it was a great day wth plenty of fish landed only keeping enough for a feed and releasing the others.

post-23515-097523400 1357701861_thumb.jpg

post-23515-094974600 1357701894_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcgoo

After a big night 12am and a very early start 2am Paul and i arrived at royces around 3.15.

As usual royce whipped up some brekkie and coffees,(i very much needed something in my stomach and a strong coffee), had a quick chat then we were off.

Royce decided to hit the ocean rocks,top call.

We arrived at first light and after about 15-20 min checking out the swell it was down to the ledges.

The fish were on straight away with plenty being landed and plenty being dropped. I didnt realise just how difficult it was to land these fish off the rocks must have dropped 8-10 fish just trying to lift them. After watching royce land them i started to get the idea.(be patient)

All in all it was a great day wth plenty of fish landed only keeping enough for a feed and releasing the others.

Good report and nice photos, shame about Royces ratty old Sportex and trudex reel :) Looks like you blokes are making the best of the good weather.

Matt

Guest hawkesbass

Well done shame i missed the session perfect conditions but the little white ball was calling me.They are a different fish off the rocks when it comes too landing them.Macman nothing wrong with the old gear im on the search for this gear myself but proving too be elusive too locate

I knew that i should of used this at the end :biggrin2:

Hey its all good, great to see so many blackfisherman posting. Great to see that the steelite is working out McGoo, also the mag bream, excellent stuff and some really great pics.

Matt

Matt

They are getting a bit long in the tooth both are over 40 years old the Sportex 663 was made at Chapmans at Rockdale in the 60's Dad lay buyed the thing at 2 bob a pay took a while to obtain so shes a special rod thats seen a lot of fish off the rocks from Yamba to Burning Palms! :biggrin2: but still doing the damage I just can't bring myself to find another set up that does blackfishing justice!!!!! Well my Snyder 3145 and avon royal come close! Mate theres a huge run this year and late last year its awesome stuff! John has taken it to it well and we have another convert! as in the Star Wars terms you have done well my apprentice!

Its good to see a few guys really taking it on and revivng the sport! And the mag bream is a top rod I have one extended to 12'8" and its a joy to use may just drag it our again!

Edited by luderick -angler