Yowie

Pumped nippers at Mainbar flats early on Friday, while still almost dark, because of the high tide, and had a number of eagle rays, or bull rays, swimming near my feet, some over a metre across the wing tips. Would put up a good fight on a whiting rod and reel.

Drifted there for a while for 1 whiting and 1 flattie, then nothing in a number of different spots, not even losing a nipper at places. Fished near the ballast heap for a last cast just on high tide with little drift, and hooked 3 flatties in 15 minutes, plus one undersize and 1 just legal bream that also was sent back. Not big fish but a feed at least.

post-13153-0-84785800-1357971188_thumb.jpg

Be happy with a few flattys i also went friday arvo till night. 2 legal whiting near costens point its plagued with little leather jackets the last 2 weeks there it use to be a good yakka spot maybe they scare them off.

Are they little chinaman jackets? If so, it means the bastards are breeding in big numbers again, as the little chinaman jackets are not present every year inside the Port.

I was up there as well friday morning in my little tinny with my daughter (who spent the whole time lying on the seat) throwing lures around It was really quiet only a few missed hits on surface and small bream pike and a longtom on HBs

I was south of the ballast heap at the top of the tide over a sand patch, and there was someone between me and the ballast heap flicking a lure about.

Was that you?

I was south of the ballast heap at the top of the tide over a sand patch, and there was someone between me and the ballast heap flicking a lure about.

Was that you?

Yep that was me You would have been in the older tinny by yourself as there were two other boats on there as well

Yep that was me You would have been in the older tinny by yourself as there were two other boats on there as well

That tinny is not as old as the one I had scrapped last year, that one was 42 years old. The other boats had a few occupants in each, did not appear to be catching too much though.

Just happened to find a patch of flatties, caught them by bouncing a nipper along the bottom.

That tinny is not as old as the one I had scrapped last year, that one was 42 years old. The other boats had a few occupants in each, did not appear to be catching too much though.

Just happened to find a patch of flatties, caught them by bouncing a nipper along the bottom.

Yeah I saw you get the landing net out a couple of times There always seems to be a few flatties where you were The guy in the kayak got a few nice whiting earlier on fishing surface lures