8-8-8 for the day - photos added

With a small weather window we decided to head north to chase some black marlin at SWR & you got to love it when a plan comes together.
We headed out through the bar into a 25 knot southerly & conditions were terrible but were forecast to back off to 15 knots in the afternoon. We got some livies pretty easily them swam one & sunk one in 10 fathoms off the gaol, it wasn't long before the little 3500 certate with 14lb braid soft plastic outfit started into action & I came up tight on a nice little black & after a 15 minute fight with lifted him on board for a couple of photos.

post-6936-0-09007900-1358040109_thumb.jpg

The action continued all day with pretty consistent bait on the inside & outside marks & every time we marked a fish on the sounder it wasn't long before drag started pulling. All the fish were in the 20-30kg range & great fun on light gear. Another mate of ours was also there & managed 6-6-4 for the day & at one point had 4 fish swimming around the boat.

post-6936-0-16409100-1358040121_thumb.jpgpost-6936-0-10069300-1358040137_thumb.jpg
The fish were in great condition & released well to fight another day.
We headed back to Sydney the next day to hear more fantastic reports of striped marlin off Sydney.
The scent blazer boys got 1, Secho just text me & he released one this morning, the guys on Huntress had 2 up & got 1 yesterday, the boys on Day Release got there first for the season, my mate Deano got 1 solo in his tinnie & the guys on The Grommitt got 1. This is fantastic fishing off Sydney & it should only improve, Port Stephens is already fishing well with boats getting 3 a day & with the little blacks still to make there way there it is only going to get better.
Cheers
Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Great work guys they are so much fun on the light gear wish I was still up there but back to reality and work Tom

Hey crusher the ramp at laggers point is still shut and will be for a couple of weeks after school holidays apparently the campers don't like the noise of the boat trailers in the early morning

With a small weather window we decided to head north to chase some black marlin at SWR & you got to love it when a plan comes together.

We headed out through the bar into a 25 knot southerly & conditions were terrible but were forecast to back off to 15 knots in the afternoon. We got some livies pretty easily them swam one & sunk one in 10 fathoms off the gaol, it wasn't long before the little 3500 certate with 14lb braid soft plastic outfit started into action & I came up tight on a nice little black & after a 15 minute fight with lifted him on board for a couple of photos.

attachicon.gifdamo1 copy.JPG

The action continued all day with pretty consistent bait on the inside & outside marks & every time we marked a fish on the sounder it wasn't long before drag started pulling. All the fish were in the 20-30kg range & great fun on light gear. Another mate of ours was also there & managed 6-6-4 for the day & at one point had 4 fish swimming around the boat.

attachicon.gifsam1 copy.JPGattachicon.gifguy1 copy.JPG

The fish were in great condition & released well to fight another day.

We headed back to Sydney the next day to hear more fantastic reports of striped marlin off Sydney.

The scent blazer boys got 1, Secho just text me & he released one this morning, the guys on Huntress had 2 up & got 1 yesterday, the boys on Day Release got there first for the season, my mate Deano got 1 solo in his tinnie & the guys on The Grommitt got 1. This is fantastic fishing off Sydney & it should only improve, Port Stephens is already fishing well with boats getting 3 a day & with the little blacks still to make there way there it is only going to get better.

Cheers

Damo

Congrats on a top day, hopefully they are not far off Port Stephens yet as Port Stepens has been dead for the last couple of weeks, waters good one day filthy the next, current is really pumping down south, washing the bait with it(hopefully it will back off shortly and bait and fish will start to stack up.. Fished yesty again, ocean is lifeless around the shelfline, headed wide into near 27 deg water , put a tag in a blue. Only heard of 2 other marlin from about 15 or so boats.