A few nice Bonito on SAT

Cannon85

Hello all

Havent really posted before but here goes

on the water at 0730 departed from parsley bay dropped 2 Xrap 30's (silver and a redhead) over the back and began to troll round barrenjoey head down towards longreef in about 30 m of water at about 21 - 22degC.

Found a bit of surface action off whale beach threw some blades at it but no joy, so we continued on our way down to longreef about 5 mins later ZZZZZZZZZZZ we were on pulled in the second line and played the fish up to the boat wich was a strange fight went hard to start for a minute or so then nothing almost like we lost the fish untill we saw colour under the boat it gave a few kicks then easy into the net and on board while i was unhooking the fish it looked like we had someones blue line wrapped around the bib of the lure untill i saw the bubble attached to the end of it god dam blue bottles any way could that account for the burst of energy at the start then absolutley nothing for the rest of the fight???? blue bottle delt with we measure up the nice 70cm Bonnie.

out go the lures again and we do a couple of laps of where we picked up the fist fish (the headland just south of whale beach) and nothing so we continue down the coast towards longy and the next headland along just south of avalon same again ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ this fish fought well all the way to the boat got it onboard de hooked and on the measure went 73cm we were pretty happy at this point a PB for my deckie and 2 nice fish one on each lure

so we continued with the same theory did a couple of laps nothing and on our way south again. It was pretty quite untill just of long reef we were on again this time with a smaller model of about 40cm happy with our haul of bonnies we decided to go out and bottom bash for a bit by the time we moved out to deeper water the wind started to pick up and by the time we got our rods rigged up we decided it was probably not worth hanging around to see if it died off so we motored back up into palm beach basin to try out my new investment an el cheapo gas stove wacked some snags in the pan and BTW so much better eating sausage sangas on a boat we decided that it couldent get much better so back to the ramp and home cleaned the boat and catch had a few :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile: all in all a lazy day on the water with a good feed to result

sorry but no photos were taken of the catch as we were to keen to get it in our bellys :biggrin2: