Harbour blackfish with sawtail bycatch this time

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Hit up the harbour again with the dfc consisting off royce,paul,daniel,john and adrian and myself.

Started fishing around 6am at luna park with the downs being slow after 1/2 an hour royce hooks up and from the start you could tell it was not a blackfish royce called it for a surgeon fish and he was correct after some good rod work and keeping it out off the reef it was in the net landed on a old sportex rod from the sixties and 6lb leader.The bites were inconsistent after this with us landing another 15 blackfish ranging from 20cms too 40cms with all participants contributing too the bag we released another twelve as we had enough for a feed not bad for a session in the harbour the fish are starting too thin out but there is fish still to be caught with some time put in.

post-18046-135865913282_thumb.jpg

Only took a photo off the surgeon.

Cheers trevor.

Guest hawkesbass

Yep that would be my hands makes me more determined too get my hands on one or more sportex rods and a true centre pin aswell

Stormy thats my 11 foot harbour Sportes and yes hard to get it out of my hands let Trevor have a bash with it and the Young's pin after landing two solid fish on it he was threatning not to give it back!!!!!! We will find you one hell or high water!!!!

Edited by luderick -angler

thanks for a great outing guys and getting me into some fantastic fish.... yes I did cop a mouthful from the other half.... but I was still on time even with extra time on my side as they weren't even ready.... go figure. Anyway thanks again to all and hope to meet up with you agin in a month or so... I'm grounded.

cheers

Adrian