11 keepers

jaysondanielgraham

Went down to Windang for a quick flick last night with my mate. In a space of 1 hour we got 11 keepers between the two of us. My mate got the biggest at 46cm. Gave some to my father in law who decided to make a nice Thai red curry for me with one of the flattys.

post-20633-0-28090500-1358684785_thumb.jpg

post-20633-0-07472700-1358684856_thumb.jpg

Their are plenty down there and we left them down their still on the chew.

Great report. I was thinking of heading down to windang this sunday for a flick of my new yak! hearing that report i am thinking i definately will!!!

Go to the small channel on the south side of the bridge fish the run in tide on the shallows on the lake side of the bridge you should clean up. Hope that helps.

Jeez Mate, Just posted i had a quiet day and then i read your post.

Looks like i should have been arriving instead of leaving at 8.00pm

Good effort. Are you fishing off the bridge,always notice people there,I went on the bridge once & within ten minutes

got told to move by the police

Cheers Deano

Yeah there is a sign up that says fishing is prohibited from the bridge :D Doesn't really stop peeps fishing off it though.

South side, lake side? hehe Picnic Island Channel :)

Will be going for a prawn this weekend there, tide looks good for you evening fishos who like to fish the run in tide.

Good effort. Are you fishing off the bridge,always notice people there,I went on the bridge once & within ten minutes

Cheers Deano

Got a set of waiders so just walk around in th shallows and the bank of the bridge. But when I'm walking along to the other side if I see 1 I will flick my lure at it. Yeah no fishing of the bridge but their is always a lot of people fishing their.

Yeah there is a sign up that says fishing is prohibited from the bridge :D Doesn't really stop peeps fishing off it though.

South side, lake side? hehe Picnic Island Channel :)

Will be going for a prawn this weekend there, tide looks good for you evening fishos who like to fish the run in tide.

Is that what it is called was not sure thanks for that now I know what to call it.

Cheers Deano

Was that your report about the flatly classic? Would love to get in it but do not have a boat. Is their many people that will take some one on for the day or weekend?

No mate I didnt actually enter the comp,just happened to be there on the day and responded to a post.

Noticed a few of your posts, you seem to have the lake worked out around the channel.I dont think you'd need a boat.

Not even sure where you enter,I didn't even see it promoted.

Dean

You entered by walking into the tackle shop called Deans bait and Tackle at 5am and signing up :D

Not really promoted enough, heck there was a $5,000 tagged fish in the Lake over Christmas and anyone who caught the bugger within the 5 days got the prize. Once again, not promoted enough.