Saltist 30H drag problem

I've had this saltist for a while now and i have been noticing that it doesnt pull nearly as much drag as it should be. Did a test with some fish scales and only pulled 2kg. Should i upgrade the drag washers? or is there something wrong with the reel?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

I've had this saltist for a while now and i have been noticing that it doesnt pull nearly as much drag as it should be. Did a test with some fish scales and only pulled 2kg. Should i upgrade the drag washers? or is there something wrong with the reel?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

You have to ask yourself some questions.

How long have you had the reel? How much use has it had?

Even if you've had the reel for 6 months and only used it twice, take it back to the tackle shop where you bought it and explain the situation, if you bought it on line, call daiwa or even take it to your local tackle store to see what they can do for you.

Fishingphase

Edited by fishingphase

You may have cross threaded or threaded the star drag. I had this happen after I had cranked it right up several times and ended up threading it.

If the drag washers needed repacing you would notice your drag would stop and start under high pressures as opposed to not giving out the 10kg as stated.

Edited by fishmaniac