Sow and pigs

tasksta

Hi all

Heading out for another Thursday arvo sesh after work weather permitting.

As these sessions only last a few hours i like to have a plan.

With this in mind we plan to fish sow and pigs on the incoming tide.

Common sesne would suggest to anchor up on the west side and fish of the back towrad the reef.

Plan is simple, light gear, burley hard, soak a few baits and flick a few plastics

Looking at Navionics map attached it shows two sepaerate areas as sow and pigs.

My questions are:

Are they both sow and pigs?

If not which one is which?

Which one will fish better and why?

Any tips that can be offered will be appreciated.

I fish the harbour each week but its a bloody big place and yet to give this area a solid crack.

I have spent (wasted) a lot of time chasing kings this season so will be nice to get back to basics.

Happy to compare notes.

cheers

Paul

post-18146-0-59118300-1360055759_thumb.png

Its all sow and pigs with the large area and what they call the finger running off. The best way to fish it is to put a anchor out from the bow close in where your 0.5kn mark is then reverse about 50m and drop a stern anchor. Now pull yourself halfway between the 2 and tie off the ropes. Despite which way the wind blows you will remain in position. Now burly hard and you will get results. If the tide is on the way out just do the opposite side, all ways put your first anchor ( bow )close in at the shallowest part of the reef. Make sure you fish towards the reef as that is where your burly is heading and the fish are waiting.

Regards Jeff